How to delete Etsy shop: Etsy is a website where people can sell items they create. It’s a popular website because of its variety of products and the ease of using it. But sometimes, users have had trouble deleting their Etsy shops.
This is because Etsy includes a deletion feature designed to help you delete your shop if it’s been inactive for a certain amount of time.
However, this deletion feature can be difficult to use, and many users have found that it doesn’t work well. So how do you delete your Etsy shop?
What Are the Steps to Deleting an Etsy Shop?
There are several steps that you need to take to delete an Etsy shop:
- Log in to your Etsy account and click on ‘Account’ in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click on ‘Shop Manager’ located under the ‘Selling’ tab, then click on ‘Deactivate Your Shop.’
- Select the time frame you want to deactivate your shop and click ‘Continue.’
- After this, click on the button that says, “Yes, I’m sure! Deactivate my shop now!”
- Click on “Continue to confirm the deactivation of your Etsy shop.”
- Click on the “Finish Deactivating Your Shop” button at the bottom of your screen and wait a few minutes for Etsy to confirm that your shop has been deleted.”
I Don’t See the Option to Close My Shop
Where is this option located?
If you can’t see the option to close your shop in your Shop Manager, then you may not have enough sales to close it.
Etsy requires that you have a minimum of $50 in sales to close your shop. If you don’t have this minimum amount yet, it’s best to wait until you do and try again.
You can’t see the option because you might have unresolved issues with your shop. I suggest you resolve it first and then try deleting the shop again.
You may also have an overdue balance with Etsy. If that’s the case, you cannot close your shop until you pay your balance.
How Do I Delete My Etsy Shop if It’s Been Inactive for a Long Time?
Etsy has a feature that allows users to delete their shops if they haven’t been active for a certain amount of time.
However, you need to be aware that this feature doesn’t always work. That’s why it’s important to understand how to delete your Etsy shop if you don’t want to wait on Etsy’s deletion feature.
How Does the Deletion Feature Work?
The deletion feature of Etsy works by scanning your shop’s directory and looking for any items that have been sold. If any items in your shop have been sold, Etsy will remove them from the store.
However, this process can be difficult to use, and many users have found that it doesn’t work well. So how do you get rid of your shop? You can go through closing your shop and then deleting it.
How to Close Your Shop With Open Orders?
You don’t have to worry about orders that you have already accepted. If you are closing your shop, Etsy will take care of them for you. Etsy will cancel all of your outstanding orders and issue refunds automatically.
Can I Transfer My Shop to Another Seller?
No, but it is easy to transfer ownership of a shop to someone else. First, you need to contact the person taking over the shop to do this.
Then, you can go through closing your shop and deleting it. Once the process is complete, the new owner can create a new account and claim ownership of the shop.
What Happens if I Change My Mind After I Delete My Shop?
If you change your mind about deleting your Etsy shop after it has been closed and deleted, you can re-open it as long as its name is available on Etsy.
Log in to your account and click on ‘Shop Manager’ in the upper right corner of your screen. Then click on ‘Create A New Shop’ in the left-hand menu and follow the prompts on your screen.”
Why Has My Etsy Shop Been Deactivated?
There are several reasons why your Etsy shop may have been deactivated. Some of these reasons are as follows:
- Your Etsy shop violates Etsy’s policies.
- You have been inactive for a long period.
- You haven’t checked your inbox in a while.
- You haven’t sent any convos in a while.
- Another person has compromised your account, or you have forgotten your password.
How to Resolve It?
- If you have sold or shipped an item or items that do not comply with the policies of Etsy, then you need to remove that item(s) from your listings and shipping labels.
- If you are using prohibited images in your listings or tags, then remove the image(s) from the listing(s) or tags and replace them with an appropriate image (see our guide on how to use images on Etsy).
- If your shop violates Etsy’s policy regarding trademarks and copyright infringement, then change the wording of those items or remove those items entirely from your store.
- You must also make sure that all of the information on your About page is accurate and up-to-date (see our guide on editing pages on Etsy).
- If any other issues exist within your store, please get in touch with us for clarification before attempting to close your shop.
What if I Want to Close My Shop for Good?
If you wish to close your Etsy shop for good, you will need to go through closing your shop and then deleting it. However, this process can be difficult to use, and many users have found that it doesn’t always work well.
The best way to get rid of your Etsy shop is by contacting us directly. You can do so by clicking “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page on Etsy and then selecting “Store closure” from the menu on the left side of the page.